In order to keep yourself and others safe during these current times, CCTI requires that the following be adhered to at all times. This includes self-assessment before arrival and behaviour during the course. The initial guidance sections below relate to training at the
Travelling to and attending a course
We encourage delegates attending our courses at our Training Centre in Kings Norton, Birmingham, to:
- Select the most appropriate travel method
- Please park on the staff car park with your car facing the Training Centre visitor entrance, to ensure that all driver doors are separated.
- Ensure that you leave a two-metre distance between you and anyone else when walking to or from the car park
- If you arrive very early for your course, we would ask that you stay in your vehicle or a reasonable distance outside the premises until 9am, when the doors will open.
All equipment used during the course will be sanitized at the beginning and end of each day, including table tops or any other smooth surfaces, including door handles etc.
Everyone is required to wash their hands regularly using the soap and water provided for at least 20 seconds each time, or use hand sanitizer if you are unable to access the sinks. This includes:
- Upon arrival at the training center
- After using the toilet
- Before and after eating
- After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- And, if you use a tissue, make sure you dispose of it straight away into the bin.
Doors will be propped open to reduce touching of door handles. For doors that cannot be propped open, e.g. fire doors, these will be sanitized regularly throughout the day.
Drinks machines will be cleaned and sanitized at regular intervals throughout the day by CCTI staff; all cups used must be disposed of immediately after use into the bins provided.
Social distancing measures educe social interaction between people. You need to be mindful to keep away from others by at least two metres:
- When entering the classroom, please choose the desk furthest away from the door.
- Keep your distance in the breakout area by sitting at the tables and chairs provided; at the locations provided (please do not move chairs and tables).
- Do not queue for access to toilets etc. unless you can keep two metres apart
- Do not congregate in groups in the breakout area or when smoking outside. Should the fire alarm be activated, you must use the fire exit closest to you and make your way to the assembly point. Do not use the main visitor entrance unless this is your closest fire exit and then stand near the designated fire point but keep two metres apart from others.
- We will ask that you have lunch breaks at your allotted desk, an allocated table in the breakout room, or in your own vehicles.
Delegates can bring and wear relevant PPE when attending courses, which should include, but are not limited to:
- Disposable gloves.
- A face mask or visor.
Sufficient and appropriate PPE will be provided by CCTI where this is required for activities.
Any PPE brought to the training centre must be removed and disposed of by the individual at the end of each day or course. The trainer will reserve the right to insist on particular PPE or equipment that must be used and that PPE or equipment brought for personal use is sufficient to protect anyone affected.
Where delegates will be working within two metres of another person, it is recommended that this is limited to intervals of a maximum of 15 minutes where possible. Examples of this may be where it is necessary for two people to lift an item or person for a safety critical practical task.